1. Name 3 British trees that produce edible nuts.
WALNUT, HAZEL, SWEET CHESTNUT, ALMOND
2. Which tree is also known as the May tree? HAWTHORN
3. Name 2 "conifers" that do not bear cones.
4. Which tree appears on the flag of the country in its name?
CEDAR OF LEBANON
5. Name 3 deciduous conifers.
LARCH, DAWN REDWOOD,SWAMP CYPRESS
6. Which tree produces a fruit that has to be bletted?
7. What is English name of Ginko biloba?
8. What is another name for the duramen of a tree? HEARTWOOD
9. What sort of tree produces pecan nuts? HICKORY
10. Which two trees are involved in the production of sloe gin? JUNIPER and BLACKTHORN
11. Name 2 British trees which have trifoliate leaves.
LABURNUM, PAPERBARK MAPLE
12. What sort of tree produces fruits called keys?
13. What type of tree produces fruit varieties Yellow Pershore, Burbank? PLUM
14. What type of tree produces fruit varieties Pink Lady, Jonagold? APPLE
15. What type of tree has the following species
a, white, crack, goat. WILLOW
b, field, Norway, paper-
c, common, manna, weeping. ASH
d, grey, common, Italian. ALDER
e, white, black, Lombardy. POPLAR
TREE QUIZ ANSWERS